Friday, March 12, 2010

24 Day Old Vegan

This morning I woke up bright and early at 6:45am. I was running around from that moment on. I grabbed a Larabar for breakfast. Still not sick of them.

For lunch I met a friend at the Universal Lot. They have a small Cafeteria. They are NOT VEGAN FRIENDLY!!! Besides the fact that they have no vegan choices on the menu. At one station I asked if the Veggie Burger had eggs in it (I've noticed that most veggie burgers are made with eggs, and that if you want a vegan veggie burger, you have to have a vegn veggie burger). The woman I asked was like "um, I don't know, I don't think so...um...no." I'm sorry, but I can't take that as a real answer. You can't say I don't know, then say no. So I opted not to have it. The next question I had was at the spaghetti station. I figured I could have pasta and marinara sauce. So I asked the chef if the pasta was made with egg. He said "all pasta is made with egg" and I said "some pasta does not" and he replied with "NO, all pasta is made with egg, you need egg to make the pasta. The only pasta that is not made with egg are Asian noodles." So I said, "ok, do you have Asian noodles." He said no. I asked one more time "do you have a list of ingredients for all your food? Can I see the ingredients for the pasta" and he again said "ALL PASTA IS MADE WITH EGG." So I had a crappy salad and a bag of Fritos for lunch. I just wanted to tell that Universal Chef that Disney has a list of all the ingredients in all their food. And they are willing to show them to all their patrons.

For dinner I was able to make my belly happy again. I was babysitting and I found a bag of Ramen Noodles (which I haven't eaten since college) and I thought 'if the Universal chef taught me anything it was that Asian noodles are vegan.' I looked at the ingredients, and sure enough the noodles were vegan. The spices (that you add) to the noodles was not vegan (or vegetarian) so I trashed the packet. But I found a Vegetable Bouillon in the cabinet and added it to the bowling water before the noodles. It was SO good! It tasted like the same old yummy Ramen Noodles I had in my college days.

For dessert I took this non-dairy chocolate syrup, melted it with peanut butter and added crispy brown rice cereal to the hot mixture. It was like a crunch bar with PB. SO GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment