Monday, February 22, 2010

5 Day Old Vegan

Today was a good day. I had Apple Sauce and a Peanut Butter Larabar for breakfast. Then I had a late lunch of Pesto Pasta, Salad and Edamame. I loaded up on dark chocolate covered pretzels (from Trader Joe's) and kettle corn (from the 99 Cent store) at a movie (Shutter Island, good stuff!).

Today I noticed two things. My skin glows. I woke up and looked in the mirror and thought, this is a good skin day. Don't know if there is a correlation with being vegan but just thought I would take note of it...

Also, I suffer from incredible back pain. I usually can't stand for more than a couple minutes without trying to find a seat or just plopping down on the floor. Today I was standing around at church talking to someone and I began to look for a chair to pull up. Then I started to think about my back. I realized that, although I had been talking to this woman for five or ten minutes, that my back didn't hurt. My feet hurt from standing. But my back felt...normal. I've never felt that. Even now lying in bed I feel no back pain (after a long day of helping my friend organize and re-arrange her apt). I'm not saying Veganism cured my back pain...but I'm just keeping note of it.

1 comment: