Saturday, February 27, 2010

11 Day Old Vegan

Today was a challenge. I'm on vacation with loads of family. For breakfast we went to a greasy spoon. I ordered plain grits and a banana. For lunch we had all our family over. We made sandwiches. I was able to find a vegan boca burger. It was pretty good. I got raw vegan guacamole and vegan temple balls for dessert.

Dinner was a huge dinner party with all our friends and family. I just slipped into the kitchen and politely asked the caterers what each dish was that they were serving. I also asked if I could put my vegan boca burger (yes I brought one with me) in the freezer for safe keeping. They were so sweet. For dinner I had black beans and my boca burger (with more vegan guac) and plantains. YUM!

I hate being a bother and being rude, but a Lenten Discipline is about sacrifice. And sometimes you have to sacrifice blending in with the crowd to find out where the food you're being served is coming from. And surprisingly everyone has been very encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment